Docking bay 327

Hi

@Rob I messaged about a year ago regarding a lighting kit for the docking bay, I'm now in the process of buying a docking bay from an AFOL that needs space I believe it is the same design as previous models on rebrickable and was wondering if you ever did come up with a complete kit.

Best Wishes

Chappy

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hey Chappy, thanks for checking in.  Yes, we have been working on adding some pretty amazing features to our kit for the docking bay.    I need to finish building my own bay (hope to have it done yet this month) then I'll post a video with more product info.  Sound, remote control, lights, very cool!

• @Rob, Cheers  for the update so my winter project for this year is the docking bay, I was looking at the ISD Aggressor MOC but managed to secure the docking bay.

If you can send me details when you have more concrete info I will be buying a kit for the docking bay.

While I have your attention do you have any kits/designs for the death star 10188

Best Wishes

Chappy

• gary chapman Will do, just finished building our docking bay this weekend so now we can work on testing the new kit functions.

RE: the Death Star, we have been working on some sound/light ideas especially for the main cannon.  Nothing final yet however, sorry!

• Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update, I have just received all the bricks I need for the docking bay so will start building over the Christmas period. First question how have you hid the wires ?? Do I need to get a second set of base plates to create a false floor to run wires??

• gary chapman We have two options for the wires.  First is that you make holes in the main baseplate and pass the wires down through to boards underneath-- for that you need to elevate the entire build and create a supporting understructure.  The other option is to run the wires along the docking bay floor, beneath the black tiles, and pass them all to the rear side of the main wall.  We're taking the second option with our setup, but you can do either.  The attached diagram may help show how the wires run.

• @Rob I think I'll go with the second option same as you and run them under the tiles.

So here are my questions:

Do you have a full kit

I'd also like to have vader and obi wan with lit up sabres

If ordered when could it arrive in UK

Cheers

Rob

• gary chapman Thanks Gary, great.  Yes we have a full kit and can add the option for the sabers to light up.  We could probably get it to you by the end of December if you'd like to order.

• Hi Rob please can you go ahead and invoice me for kit with sabre option with everything I will need also if you add express shipping and I will pay via PayPal tomorrow 

• gary chapman Hi Gary, will do!  Look for the PayPal invoice later today.

• @Rob, Hi Rob  got the invoice it's all paid via paypal. looking forward to my winter build project even more now

• gary chapman Thank you Gary!

• Hi Rob,

Just started installing the kit to my docking bay, however I'm having a couple of issues.

my layout for the landing lights is slightly different I have x5 rows of lights with x6 in each if this makes sense. I would like to have the middle 3 rows on the flash circuit and the 2 outer rows always on do you have any idea if this is possible with the kit configuration and if so a brief drawing of best way to connect.

Thanks in advance

Chappy

• gary chapman Hi Chappy, thanks for your note.  I'm having trouble imagining how your docking bay is set up.  Perhaps getting a drawing fro you first would be best.  The kit you have is not configured to operate in such an arrangement.  We might be able to change by upgrading the main controller, but I'd need to see a drawing first of how you have things set up physically.

• Is there any videos to demonstrate  the lights and sound?? Plus a roughly  cost in the kits and sabor lights!?

• Jesse Clisby The main thread for this light kit is here:

https://forum.brickstuff.com/t/18pbn4/docking-bay-327-for-millenium-falcon

In it you can see the development, where the lights are positioned, and also there is a video:

https://youtu.be/N2OmTpu6xsg

In this older version of the kit, the lighting effects are controlled with a dial.  In the new version, everything is managed with a wireless remote.

The current kit costs $347.18, not including the light sabers ($27.99).  Let us know if you would like us to make one for you.  Current lead time is about 6 weeks.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 81Views
  • 5 Following