Lego 10247 Ferris Wheel lighting kit power source

Hi, I would like to check the power source for the 3 in 1 premium lightning kit for Lego 10247 Ferris Wheel.  Can I use the Lego battery box 88000 as the power source?  Or I have to use the USB lithium battery as the power source?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • A great question!  You can do either; in the Power Options product area, there are both snap-on power connectors for the battery box, or you can use a separate battery pack, or the USB source... whatever’s best for your setup.

I prefer the USB for my lighting arrangements, but it’s a personal preference — all are possible.

• Alan Lai
    • Alan_Lai
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Paul George Thanks for prompt reply.  Are you referring to the power option below?

https://www.brickstuff.com/store/p33/Power_Functions_Power_Source_for_the_Brickstuff_LEGO®_Lighting_System.html

BTW, I would also like to know is it possible to integrate this lighting kit with the Sbrick plus such that I can program the details such as lighting sequence and light brightness etc for individual LEDs?  Any idea?

• Alan Lai Hi Alan, thanks for your questions.  As Paul mentioned, the lighting kit includes a USB cable so you can use any power source with a USB plug to power the Ferris Wheel (iPhone/iPad charger, mains adapter, USB battery bank).  Or as Paul said you can pick up our Power Functions Power Source and use the LEGO PF battery pack, though we would not recommend using the #88000 battery box because the six AAA batteries in that box are not sufficient to power both the Ferris Wheel and the lights.  Instead we recommend the LEGO #8881 battery box or the #8878 rechargeable battery box-- the #8878 is the best, but this has also been discontinued by LEGO.

To answer your other questions, it is not possible to change the built-in lighting patterns by using an SBrick or any other device.  You can use the dial on the effect controller to change the speed and adjust the brightness of the LEDs, but that is the extent of the customization available.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you again!

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 33Views
  • 3 Following