Stand Alone MP3 Sound Module & 4-Channel Micro-LEC with Machine Gun Effect

Hello Rob,
I have for my dockingbay a Lego Laser Cannon (set 75034) and I'm looking the get light in synconised sound on that.
Therefore I have the gun effect board and the sound module and I thought taht will easily work when take away the button and connect the outlets of gun effect board with sound module . The idea was like that:

Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. Maybe my plan was to simple.

Any idea how I get this work, what I need to order in addition?

thanks, Helmut

26replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Helmut, thank you for your message.  In theory this is a good approach, but the issue you are having is caused by the quick pulses of the light not being powerful or long-lasting enough to activate the sound module.

For your setup, I assume you are looking for something like this: https://youtu.be/0W8jxvJjVvY. But with laser cannon sounds instead of machine gun sounds? We are just beginning work on a modification of the machine gun board to include laser sounds built-in. This might work for your setup-- please let me know what you think. Thank you again.

• Rob Klingberg 

Hi Rob,

yes, that with laser sound is similar to that what I'm looking for.
    I need it for 2-3 laser cannons.
    Means I have to wait until you have your modified board with laser sound ready 🙂

Like 1
  • Hi Rob,
    any plans when you will have the modified board with laser sound ready
    thx, Helmut

• Helmut Senft Hi Helmut, I just ordered the circuit boards for the new setup.  These should arrive by the end of the month, then we will get to work!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg
    Hi Rob,
    any idea when new board with laser sound will be ready?

• Helmut Senft Hi Helmut!  Thank you for the reminder.  I have the boards now, which means I can focus on the sound.  Sorry if we've already discussed this, but is there a specific laser sound that fits with those cannons?  If you have a sample or video you could link to, I can see if we can replicate the sound.  Or we have some general laser sounds we could use, if there is no specific sound you're looking for.

Thank you.

• Rob Klingberg
    Hi Rob,
    sorry for my late replay
    attached the sound I'm thinking about
    BR, Helmut

• Helmut Senft OK, thanks, we'll have a look.

• Helmut Senft Hi Helmut, wanted to keep you updated!  I've been working on the sounds and think I'm close.  Looking at the gun in the original photo you sent, I assume there are two lights, one in each barrel?  And do they fire alternately or together?

• Rob Klingberg Hi Rob, yes there are two lights. They should by chance fire alternately or together (as on the Millenium Falcon sound and light kit)

• Helmut Senft Understood.  Triggered by the same type of remote control unit?

• Rob Klingberg I think on/off should be ok, no need for remote control unit

• Rob Klingberg Hi Rob, is there ans update available

• Helmut Senft Hi Helmut, thank you for checking in.  With the global shortage of electronic parts (you may have read about it), our sound chip supplier has been very slow in responding to us.  We are still working to get something developed as quickly as possible-- we have not forgotten and will be updating here when there is news to share.

• Rob Klingberg Hi Rob, Hope you are doing well. I have seen a lot of new intersting items on your website 🙂.  How are things going on that issue? As you might have seen I have prepordered Creator Ecto-1 Premium Light and Sound Kit (order # 767415930). Would be great if the modified sound board would be availabe an parts could be shipped together . BR, Helmut

• Helmut Senft Hello Helmut, thank you very much for the order and for keeping in touch!  We are finally close to having the parts needed to make the kits we have been discussing for so long.  I am going to make a note on your Ecto-1 order sheet so we know to contact you again before shipping-- hopefully we will have good news by that time!

• Helmut Senft Hello Helmut!  We have your Ecto-1 ready to send and I also have prototypes (finally!) for the laser sound setup.  I just want to ask: can it be ok to have 3 cannons maximum firing at the same time?  Your original diagram had four, but we have the sound chip that can play 3 sounds at the same time, so if this can work for you, please let me know and we can get it finished.  Thank you!

• Rob Klingberg Hi Robert, Great to hear that Ecto-1 as well as prototype forlaser sound setup is ready.  Yes, 3 cannons are fine (as you can see from that picture of the Lego set there are only 3. Best regards, Helmut

• Helmut Senft OK, thank you.  We'll work on finishing up the new module.

• Hi Rob, any news on that module? When receiving the kit for the Ecto-1, Barb mentioned that you will come back on sound module separately. BR, Helmut

• Helmut Senft Hi Helmut!  Yes, hoping to have it released by October.  I know the wait is very long, but I hope you agree it is worth it. :-)

• Hi Rob,! Any updates when the module will be available?

• Rob Klingberg 
    Hi Rob, any news
    acc. to your last onormation the new controllers should be available by end of February and you can start to make the laser modules
    BR, Helmut

• Hi Rob, any news?
    see also my email dated Oct. 21, 2023
    BR, Helmut

• it seems that I have to give up 😢

Like Follow
  • 4 mths agoLast active
  • 26Replies
  • 109Views
  • 2 Following