Light and Sound Kit for the 2020 Creator Expert Ecto-1 (#10274)

Well, what an amazing model!  Six years after the release of the LEGO Ideas Ecto-1-- in our humble opinion, one of the best vehicle sets ever released by LEGO-- the company has taken aim squarely at our pocketbooks with a huge new set: the Creator Expert Ecto-1 (item #10274).  You can see the set here:

https://youtu.be/hQN4d9UcMeE

Our light and sound kit for the Ideas Ecto-1 from 2014 has consistently been one of our best-selling kits, and it has more features than any other kit available.  It's really one of the kits I'm most proud of designing, so when we learned of an even bigger, cooler Ecto-1 headed our way, we knew we had to up our game and rise to the challenge.

We're currently testing designs for the huge rooftop lightbars and large spotlights-- stay tuned for more details.

Since we already have the base control circuitry and sound for the Ecto-1, it should be relatively easy to expand the kit to cover this new model.  If all goes well, I'm hoping to have pre-orders up on the site before Christmas, with delivery likely beginning in March 2021.

So.....what features (beyond the obvious!) would you like to see in a light and sound kit for this amazing model?  Let us know in the comments below, and thank you!

125replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Rob Klingberg Yeah, I can see how this one was a tough one, but you guys always make some awesome lighting and effects. I saw the Bugatti Light Kit you guys did and I was amazed! I can't wait to see what you guys did for Ecto-1, I'm sure it'll be just as amazing.

Like 2
  • Yes 100% .  I am just starting to build my new Ecto 1 kit 10274 and would love to have the light and sound kit by the time I finish 

Like 1
  • Alright its crunch time, Lightmybrick came out with a good light kit for the bigger Ecto-1 Car. When are we gonna see yours, because I'm very itchy and jumpy right now..

Like 1
  • Kenneth Higgins This isn't a race.  What we are making will be nothing like LMB's kit.  My goal is to get a video posted by Monday.

Like 3
  • Jerry Sachs One thing that happened to me, even though there is no lights flashing, when I finished the build, in my mind, I heard the siren and lights flashing, lol

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg I know, as we all been patiently waiting for your duplicate model of the mini scale. Of course with a couple new twists of the bigger model.

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg also have you seen their model??

Like 1
  • Kenneth Higgins I have.  It's pretty obvious they've been reading this forum and taking people's suggestions for their kit.  Thankfully we kept a few surprises up our sleeves.  😉

And by the way, it's ready!  See the link in the later reply to this topic. 👍

Like 2
  • OK ECTO-1 FANS, you've been patient.  You've been MORE than patient, actually.  And you know we've been working hard to make a kit that it better than any of the others.  We love the Ecto-1, and we know YOU love it too.

So, after consuming more cups of coffee this past weekend than I can even remember, I'm thrilled to finally be able to share with you our creation, and to open pre-orders!

Tell your friends, your family, and every Ghostbusters fan that this is the website they need to visit today:

www.lightmyecto.com

Once again, thank you all for your help during the development process.  I hope you love what we've created for you.  And of course I welcome any feedback about effects, etc. as there is still time to tweak before shipping.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg Done and Done!

Like 2
  • Larry Andersen Thank you so much!

Like 1
  • Wow, amazing Job!

Like 2
    • Nate
    • Nate
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

[insert jaw drop] Yooooooo, out of the park, Rob!  The alarm chirps, door sounds, roof motors — and the engine stall?! 🤣 — this kit blows all others away! Phenomenal work! Can’t wait to get it installed!

Like 3
  • I just purchased the $314.99 kit , because I'm truly impressed by what we all have seen.

Like 1
  • Great job, couldn't ask for more! Instant purchase!

Like 1
    • Nate
    • Nate
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Really amazing, I just watched the demo again. You all really nailed it, the details are phenomenal. I’m in between addresses so have to wait to order, hopefully April pre-order will still be available!
    🚫👻

Like 1
  • Kenneth Higgins Thank you!

Like 1
  • Graham Starke Thanks so much!

Like 1
  • Nate Sounds good, I get the feeling we're gonna be making these kits for a while. 😂

Like 2
  • CRACK!!!!! Out of the Park! 

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg

Will it also work with your Power Functions Power Source (Content Power Output)? I mean your first version you sold with the millennium Falcon Kit. The reason I'm asking is, that I motorized the Ecto-1 with an Buwizz, and it would be cool to use the L&S-Kit also with the Buwizz through the Power Functions Adapter.

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Maybe I'm a little soft for Ghostbusters, but it brought a joyful tear to my eye when I saw you can add your own MP3 and had the Ghostbusters commercial as an example. I know Where some of my Uncle Sam money going, lol. I would say I'm speechless, but it's Amazing!

Like 2
  • Freakmaster Absolutely.

• Rick rivera Thanks, yeah I had fun searching for quotes! 😉

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Oh, I saw the little 1x1 clear piece on top, came out awesome!

Like5 Follow
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 125Replies
  • 957Views
  • 18 Following