Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Chris Cooper thank you for your kind words and support!  As for leaving the lights on for too long or other things to worry about, there aren't any, really.  The great thing about the LEDs is that they last 10,000 hours or more, and they don't get hot, so nothing to damage your LEGO.  One thing I've noticed from my own testing, however: my three cats sure do seem to like chewing on the fiber optic threads, so any cat owners out there may want to store them away from where felines can reach!

• Jacque Taylor-vine That's a good idea for the future, but at this time, the controller board does not support audio input.

• Hey! Will I still be able to preorder from the uk? Hope so!

• bec
    • bec
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

the video is amazing 😀and the fireworks are just so brilliant👏. thank you for all the hard work that has gone in to testing and creating this wonderful product for all of us.  Cant wait for the pre orders. Will we still be able to pre order from Australia? 

• So awesome!! Can't wait!! Thank you for all your hard work. This looks amazing. 

• Thomas Imber bec You will be able to pre-order from any location.  We ship globally!

• bec
    • bec
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg this is brilliant news thank you I can't wait to preorder with you. 😀

• i dont own the castle yet but ill be getting it soon, how do i go about getting on the list for these lights they look awesome.

•  

Hi everyone, here's another update on our progress.  Several of you have asked for more internal photos showing the lights and effects up close.  We've posted a bunch of new photos tonight to our Flickr album for the lighting kit.  You can view the album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickstuff/albums/72157679839120381

This album shows lights from the top and middle sections of the castle.  We will soon add more closeup photos of the base (front and back).

Some of you have also asked for a video showing the interior lights and effects in action.  We've created a quick video showing these, which you can view here:

https://youtu.be/PRaiNnfmEd4

We're especially happy with the ultraviolet light effects behind the Mirror, and also the stove in the kitchen.  Let us know what you think!

Finally, we are heading out on a quick vacation this upcoming week, so responses to this forum will be slower than usual.  While we're out, we're going to be finalizing pricing for the kit versions, and will be posting more photos and of course the link to pre-order when we return from vacation.

Thank you again for your support of this project!

• Martin Dean Just send us an e-mail through the Contact section of our website:

http://www.brickstuff.com/contact.html

• Loving what you've done with it all so far , the fibre optics look amazing when lit, and are something truly original compared to other kits on the market.

but..... for me personally I'm unsure if I want the unit fibre strands poking out during the days, and maybe not use them. What will be my lighting options if I don't use them. ? I was hoping for something similar to the pink/purple effect near the start of this topic. 

Like I say , what your doing is amazing , I just have a certain idea in my head 

• Brad spelman thanks for your post and feedback.  I completely understand what you mean about the fiber optics during the days.  We've designed the fiber optic sprays so they can be removed or set up in 15 seconds, so you can decide when to have them installed.  We're also going to offer a version of the kit for sale that includes the external color-changing lights without the sprays.  This will be like the pink/purple effect you mentioned, except that both the ground level and upper level lights will be the same color (any color you set).

Like 1
  • Love that there will be a non spray option!

Like 1
  • Please add me to the list for preorders. Looking forward to to building and adding this to my castle.

Thanks!!

Like 1
    • k monz
    • k_monz
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kevin Ambrose Way hi! i actually created the light setup, thanks for reposting!...i was inspired by brickstuff, had to to an diy version and it took many days to make...i think brickstuff will be more streamlined and easier to apply.....goodluck! 

• Arturo
    • Arturo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Wow, please, I would like to be added to the list. I just finished building the castle and would definitely love to put lights to it. I will continue following the forum and check when the lights will be ready to buy. It's really beautiful!

• k monz well you did a great job. Still curious how you lit up the clock.

• Any updates? :)

• k monz
    • k_monz
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kevin Ambrose Way i stripped down a light from a miniature light post kit and the and the bulb and wire were small enough to just be placed behind the clock, i ran the wire to the back of the base i used. GoolRC 20 Pieces Metal Park Courtyard Lanterns Streets Lamp Modelmaking Hexagonal Single-head LED Lights Lamppost Model Street Lighting 3V DC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9Y338S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TWq5ybBWH61EA

i can add some pics if u want...i know brickstuff has inidividual pico lights that i thing should fit too...

• I have put a Pico light behind a clock though it looks more like from above.  If I brought it in the middle, the tube in the dish would have focused the light only on the stud and not provided the diffusion I was looking for.

• We spent a lot of time working on a solution for this as well, based on feedback we received from fans wanting to have the clock lit.  We solved it in the final kit-- have a look:

No drilling of parts, I promise! :-)

Like 1
  • Thomas Imber Yes we are just finishing the flyer outlining the kit options.  Look for final pricing info and pre-orders to open in the next few days!

Like 1
    • Joey Ang
    • Joey_Ang
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg  It looks fantastic!

• Rampianne
    • Rampianne
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It looks amazing! The mirror effect is awesome and the stove is so cute. Also, using the fiber optics for the fireworks is such a great idea!

I have a few questions about the main exterior lights:
    1. Is there any way to add more spotlights to light up the top/spire a little better? It seems it gets a little lost in the dark up there.

2. I was also wondering if there would be any way to light up the bottom and top section in two different colours (as in the picture I've attached).  It would be neat to be able to recreate that effect or be able to switch it for other holidays (red/green for Christmas etc.).

3. Will the lights be on a dimmer switch at all?

Thank you for all your hard work! 😊

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Exactly what I was hoping. Great job!

Like 1
Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following