Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi could you please add me to email notification when this kit is ready? I'm keen to purchase. Thanks

• Justin O'Donnell you have to do it through the website. 

• Update? :-). So impatient! Haha

• Thomas Imber thanks for asking! We received our shipment of color-changing LEDs this week, which will be used for the exterior light show.

Like 1
  • Hello everyone, I'm happy to share that we have completed the lighting design and setup for the exterior white lights for this beautiful model. See the photos below and let us know what you think!

The exterior white lights are one of two external light systems that will operate together.  The second system will feature color-changing LEDs that will create a light show similar to how the fireworks illuminate the real Disney Castle.  Designing that setup, and writing the program code that will control the light show, is next on our list.

You can't tell from this photo, but the two front lanterns have a dedicated 2-channel effect controller that makes them flicker just like real torches would.  Because the effect board has two separate channels, each torch flickers at its own random, constantly-changing brightness, just like real flames.  I'll try to get a video posted soon showing the effect!

Like 7
  • Rob Klingberg it looks incredible! I'll buy that day one when you offer it. 

Like 1
  • Beautiful .. can't wait! I'll be one of the first too!

• Rob Klingberg Take my money. So excited! :-)

• Joey Ang
    • Joey_Ang
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

WOW! That looks amazing. SO worth the wait. Can't wait to see the colors in action. Good luck on the next step. I'm impressed and excited :) 

• Eric chan
    • Eric_chan
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

that looks awesome! good job guys! cant wait!

• That looks awesome! great job! I flagged my interest in being put on the wait-list through your contact form - can you please confirm you received?

• That is incredible!! Seriously awesome work!! I emailed and asked to be added to the list to purchase as soon as it is available but not sure how to know if I have been added to the list. 

• Corinne
    • lego builder in-training
    • Corinne
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is awesome and very impressive, the time and effort that was and is put into engineering this light set. By the feedback that has been given, this set will be a big hit I would like to be part of the first group to purchase.

• Justin O'Donnell Kari Harris You're both on the list-- I sent e-mails confirming this, but they may have ended up in your Junk Mail folders.  Don't worry though-- we've got you on the list!

Like 1
  • That looks awesome! I am definitely interested as well. I can't wait to see how it looks with the coloured LEDs as well.

• Love

• Wow it's really coming on so well now, is there any estimated completion dates or prices yet ?

• I too am interested in getting put on the list. I sent a message through the "Contact Us" form. 

• I am currently building the castle and would love to be in the loop for the lighting set!

• Brad spelman We're working on finalizing the design of the kit in the coming weeks, then we'll be able to assign a price, and then we'll also begin assembling kits.  Soon! :-)

Like 3
  • Can I be added to the list also? I am getting my castle next week. 

• Jim
    • Jim
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Please add me to the list as well.  Thx.

• bec
    • bec
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hi there rob and all involved with these amazing lights. I have filled in the contact list to ask to be added to this for information when ready on these fantastic lights for the castle. I just wanted to say thank you for the progress photos too. Thank you

• Hi i am interested in this product and how much the price is when you plan to release it. can i please subscribe to the list to notify me?

• Rob Klingberg can you please also add me to the mail list as I am interested in getting this set. 

Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following