Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Rampianne Thanks for your feedback and ideas, and for the great photo of the "real thing"!  RE: whether it would be possible to add more spotlights to light the top better, I can have another look, but in the LEGO model, the top is pretty sparse in terms of places to mount additional lights.  I'll have a look.

RE: whether it would be possible to have the top and bottom be two different colors, that would require an additional master color controller board.  I could look into selling one separately, but right now, the top and bottom lights are connected to the same output, so they follow the same color instructions from the main board.  Selling a second controller board would be around ~$20.

Thanks again for the reply!

• Alyx
    • Alyx
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is such an amazing project! Through its progression you've added elements I have liked in other designs that I have seen. Rampianne asked what I wanted to know. Having that second controller board option for the dual colors is really the final deciding factor for me. As long as it's possible to do, buying the extra board for $20 is definitely what I'm interested in.

• Eric chan
    • Eric_chan
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg Thanks just purchased the kit! but i also agree with Rampianne on the spotlight at the top/spire section.  It does seem a bit lost  in the dark. Don't get me wrong, this kit is AMAZING and is the best one i've seen yet. I'm getting the kit either way but if you can figure out a way to also light up the top section more before you start shipping that'll be awesome! :)

Thanks again for this amazing kit!

• Eric chan I'll definitely look into possibilities for the upper portion to see if there's any way to add more light.

• Hello everyone!  Order invitations are rolling out, and later today we will have a special dedicated page on our website where insiders on this forum post can place their pre-orders.  I'll post the link here when ready-- stay tuned!

Like 1
    • David Ord
    • David_Ord
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Looking good!! my wife can't wait to get started on lighting her Lego castle. What do I need to do to make sure I get on the presale list. Her birthday is at the end of this month.

Thanks

• David Ord We're going to post a link here in a minute or two that will allow you to place a pre-order.  Please note however that we don't expect to begin shipping kits until mid-May, with the entire process likely taking through June to complete.  Thanks again for your interest!

• OK everyone, I know I've been saying for a long time that we'd be opening pre-orders.  Well, after wrestling with our website design program all last night and this morning, we're thrilled to announce that pre-orders are now open to everyone who would like to place an order!

Based on your feedback over the past few months, we have created a range of lighting kits to meet just about everyone's requests.  There are several options, and I did my best on the website to explain what's included with each and to give some demo videos and photos wherever possible.  I'm also attaching a brochure to this post with the information as well, so you have it in one place.

If you're ready to place your order, you can head on over to the pre-order page:

http://www.brickstuff.com/castlelights.html

At this point, we expect to begin shipping orders in mid-May.  Due to high demand, we also expect the shipping/fulfillment process to run through June.  Orders will be shipped in the order in which they are received.

I hope you like the kits we've created, and that you agree they will make awesome additions to your already-awesome castles!

• Quick question as I've never ordered from you: does this come when complete how to instructions? Otherwise I will  be way out my depth!

• Jay Hamilton Hi Jay, thanks for your question.  YES absolutely these kits will come with printed, illustrated instructions.

• Alyx
    • Alyx
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just had a quick thought as I was looking at the UV lights around the mirror (I have yet to pick up this Lego set so I'm not sure how big everything is).  Is there a way, or even enough room, to illuminate the rose's glass cover, even if it's a slight glow?

• Alyx thanks for your question!  Yes, I think it would be possible to put an additional warm white Pico LED behind the glass cover.  I'll have to look into that.

• Rob Klingberg How long after pre ordering will your UK stockists get this light kit? 

I want to order. However, the postage is a little steep if I was to order from here. Thanks!

• Thomas Imber Probably not until later in the summer-- we're going to fulfill all our pre-orders and direct orders first, and there are already more of those than we planned.  Also, it's unlikely the resellers will have the mega bundle, because we're offering that bundle at a discount that's likely too great to support their cost of sales.

• Hi 

I am new but I am so excited to buy this lights!

How mutch time?

• Bernardo Sampaio Hi, thanks for your post.  You can place a pre-order now on our website by clicking here.  We expect to begin shipping orders in about a month.

Thanks again for your interest!

• Rob Klingberg 

• Hi again 

when the pre order end the cost will be lower?

• Bernardo Sampaio Hi, actually the costs may increase after the pre-order period ends.  That's the incentive of getting your order in early-- to take advantage of the pre-order pricing.

• Rob Klingberg  Hi Rob and thank you again for offering these kits! I'm hoping to place the pre-order but was wondering when the pre-order period ended? I would love to place my pre-order but would have to wait until May 5th to do so (due to some scheduling conflicts). Please let me know, thank you so much!

• Just ordered my kit 😁😁😁

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper Hi Chris, thanks for your post!  We're thinking of extending our pre-order period through mid-May-- in part because it has been so well received, but also because the orders are piling up and it will take some time for us to get through them all! :-)  So I think you will be good ordering up until May 15.  Thanks again for your interest in the kit!

• Can someone please advise me on cancelling my pre order and getting a refund. Something has come up and I now can't afford it (just yet).

thanks 

• Thomas Imber Hi Thomas, I received your e-mail through the website and will reply from there shortly.  No problem to cancel your order.

• Hi Rob I hope I am asking on the right page. How easy is it to add a Lit Pumpkin Light to the Castle Lights? How may Lit pumpkins can I add at Halloween? Do you sell small Christmas Lights to add onto Castle at Christmas? Kind Regards Tina in the UK

Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following