Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Can I be added to the list?

• Tim Evans
    • Tim_Evans
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm keen to get notifications on this. Also interested in an exterior only option (my castle has a pretty permanent position with its back against the wall, unfortunately).

• My wife has been wanting me to make a lighting set ever since she finished building over christmas time. So please add me to list for availability - keep up the good work, looks great.

• David Ord
    • David_Ord
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Please add me to the list for the lighting set.

• Robin Dibben David Ord Tim Evans Happy to add you to the list-- please send us a note through our website so we have your e-mail address also.

• Rob Klingberg is this the month?

• Rob Klingberg hey. I used the contact form on your website... was that right? 😊

• David Ord
    • David_Ord
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hopefully this what you needed. My wife is dying to get the castle.

Like 1
  • Erik Peterson I sure hope so!  Working hard to make the answer yes. :-)

• Robin Dibben That should do it!  Thanks.

• just wanted to double check after going through all my replies and posts, am i on this list as well? I know I fully intended too but I wanted to make sure lol

• Rob Klingberg any new front exterior photos to share?

• Can't wait to see the end results of the kit! My castle needs lights inside and out!!!!

• Any updates? 😁😁😁

• Would love to light up our Castle, please update me on any info.

• Thomas Imber Soon!! :-)

Like 1
    • JJ
    • sage_owl
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just finished the castle. I am definitely interested in the lighting kit. Please keep me updated on availability when it's ready. Thanks. 

• Hi everyone, thought you'd like to see some more assembly photos.  Working on chandeliers today!  Progress continues.  Each chandelier takes almost 20 minutes of hand-work to assemble.

Like 2
  • That kit looks awesome! I can't wait. I'm a novice for sure. But it looks like good fun to build with my Disney freak nieces. 

• Sent over my details to join the wait list... given even my bride is anticipating this kit (to light up the first set -- ever -- she TOLD me to buy), I'm not the only one all a-tingle about illumination.

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg 

• Please email me additional info on light kit(s) for this  castle. Just completed the lego kit, but the lights would finish the project. Thank you very much. 

Like 1
  • I'd like to be notified when this is ready to preorder!

Like 1
  • Hi everyone, I wanted to post another update.  Work is still progressing on the kit-- we're hoping to have more photos to post of the exterior by the end of next week.  We're also starting to work on the color-changing exterior lights-- a program needs to be written that will simulate fireworks reflecting on the castle.  We've also had several requests to make the color user-settable, as some people have asked to be able to display their castle in different color light in different seasons.  We think we will be able to accommodate this.

Just to let everyone know, we're out of the office this week attending LEGOWorld Denmark in Copenhagen.  We'll be back in the office next Tuesday, and we'll resume work on the kits right away.

Thank you all once again for your excitement, energy, and support of this kit.  It is shaping up to be our most anticipated and detailed lighting kit yet-- it's inspirational to hear everyone's suggestions for making the kit as good as it can be.  Keep the ideas coming, and thank you again!

Like 5
  • Rob Klingberg That sounds awesome!

Like 1
Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following