Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Corinne!  Thank you for creating this post topic, It is one of the most active requests in the comment section of the blog on our website, so we were going to move the discussion here to the forum.  Your post jump-starts that.

We've spent a lot of time over the past few months looking at the beautiful Disney Castle set and testing several different lighting configurations.  At this point we feel we've settled on a really cool first design, and have placed the orders needed to get the LEGO parts to make the first batch of kits.

Ideally we'd like to have a handful of kits ready in time for Christmas, but this is also our busiest time of year and keeping other kits in stock and filling orders is taking up the majority of our time, so production of the kit has been slower than we'd have liked.  In order to make it amazing and to implement features like colored lights, we have to hand-assemble many of the parts with lights embedded-- this take a lot of time to make each kit, but the result will be worth it!

Realistically, we're probably looking at early 2017 before we have the kits in stock in quantity.  We're still working on the first batch, though, so if you'd like to be added to our notification list, please send us an e-mail through the Contact form on our website.

Thank you again for your interest in this lighting kit!

Like 5
  • Fantastic update as I too am interested in purchasing a lighting kit for Cinderella's Castle. Where would be the best place to find out when the kit is available for sale? Thanks! And just out of curiosity, would the lighting that will be made available be synchronized with a similar lighting time as the actual castle? This is what I am most interested in achieving, thanks!

• Chris Cooper Hi Chris, thanks for posting.  Because you're a member of this forum and have published a post, you'll automatically receive e-mail updates whenever there's news to share.

Can you tell us more about what you mean by having the lighting synchronized with the lighting time of the castle?  I think I understand what you mean, but just want to verify.

Thanks again for your interest!

• Rob Klingberg  absolutely, and thanks for your reply! So in terms of the castle lighting, I wanted to set up a similar timing sequence of the actual lights changing colors. Do you know if this would be possible with the kits you are creating or is this something we can discuss further as a custom idea? 

• Stella Li
    • Stella_Li
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, this is the first time for me to get on this site. My Lego friend told me to visit this site because I want to light up my Disney Castle. It's good to know that you will put it in production, just not this Christmas. It's ok, I can wait. In the meantime, I am very excited to try out any of your lighting kit. There is a lot of information on this site. It will take me a while to go through all of it. Can you please kindly tell me what light kit to buy if I want to light up:

1. Lego 75060 Slave I (for my husband) Is it even possible to light up the Slave I?? Idk? but this is something he has already built

2. Lego 10243 Parisian Restaurant (my next build)

Thank you.

PS: Now I have signed on as a member and I have posted here, does it mean that I am on your mailing list, so I will know automatically when the lighting kit for Disney Castle becomes available?

• Glad to see that you will have these kits available.  really looking forward to putting these lights in my castle.

Like 1
  • Stella Li Hi Stella, thank you for your message!  For both of your lighting project above (Slave I and Parisian Restaurant), the best way to begin would be to use our Starter Kits.  This is how people usually begin-- they buy a Pico LED Light Board Starter Kit, which has small lights that are good for putting inside LEGO bricks (for small detail lights, fireplaces, lamps, etc.) and also a Light Strip Starter Kit, which has light strips (good for lighting rooms and larger interior spaces).  So for your projects I'd recommend one of each kit.  Each kit comes with a battery pack, and the battery pack can power 100+ LEDs each, so you can easily start and add more later.  One thing we've found is that different people will want to take different approaches to lighting-- some people will want to put lights inside every part that looks like it could light up, and others will want to use fewer lights (either to save money, or to not have everything be so bright).  The starter kits give you a good mix of parts, cables, and lights so you can find out what works best for your style and the approach you want to take.

I hope this helps-- again, thank you for your interest in our products! 

• Please keep me posted on the lighting kit, I am waiting for my castle to arrive from Lego so happy to wait for the kit.

• Please notify me by email when the castle light kits are available

• Do you have a preview of what the castle will look like lit up?

Like 1
    • Eric chan
    • Eric_chan
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Awesome!  please also keep me updated when the light kit for the Disney castle comes out. this will be an awesome surprise for my wife!!

• Kathryn Forbes Jane weber Eric chan We will keep you posted, thanks!

• David Walton We're finishing up work this week on our production prototype and will post photos/video when the prototype is complete.  Stay tuned!

• CAN'T WAIT! Looking forward to this.

• Here's a little update on our progress with the Disney Castle lighting kit.  Each day we continue to work on getting the kit ready for an early 2017 launch.  Stay tuned!

Like 3
    • Eric chan
    • Eric_chan
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg  niiiiice! can't wait to see how the whole kit would look

• hmmmm so based on this image it looks like not only will you be lighting the castle with the purple and blues that we see at night, but you'll also be lighting the lamps, lumiere and maybe some rooms?

http://brickshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/erhuoWH.jpg

• Chris Cooper That's the plan-- full lights in the interior and simulated fireworks outside. :-)

Like 1
    • Corinne
    • lego builder in-training
    • Corinne
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I can't wait for the finish light set. The castle is designed with a lot of detail and I like how you are completing the finishing touch with simple lighting of the candlestick. Thanks for the glimpse. Perfection takes time... I know you will WOW us.  

Like 1
    • Gregory
    • Gregory
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Is it better to light as you go or build the whole thing first?  We are on bag 4 and not sure if we should wait. Thanks in advance. 

• Marc A
    • Marc_A
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm agree with Gregory above,  we are on Step one.  Daughter is so excited. How will I be notified when it's available for purchase.  Any idea on cost ?   Thanks.  

• Gregory Marc A Thanks for your messages and for your interest in this light kit!  We design all of our light kits to be installed after a set has been built, since we can never assume people will buy our lights before they build.  So build away on your castles!

We are hoping to have the light kit ready by the end of January.  We'll post information about it here on this forum, or if you'd like to be added directly to our e-mail notification list, you can send us an e-mail through the contact form on our website.

Good luck building the set-- it's amazing!  Thank you again for your interest in our products.

• Marc A
    • Marc_A
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg  that sounds awesome.  So I gotta ask any idea on price point for this kit and will it light up the castle in different color led lights just like it does in real life?   

• Marc A Still TBD on price, and yes it is the goal to have multi-color lights like on the original. :-)

• Marc A
    • Marc_A
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg thanks.  We can't wait.  Him sure it will be awesome.  Have been researching hard   Imaging something like this or along  the lines.  Keep us posted.  Happy new year 

Like 3
Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13951Views
  • 89 Following