Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Marc A Same to you!

• I've had my castle built since November. I've just discovered this site and I am very interested in the lighting kit. I'd also love to have a kit to light it up for Christmas like the real castle! I used micro Christmas lights to do my best this year.

Like 2
  • Looking to get this kit when it comes out.  Will it be available in the UK?

• Andi Parkinson Hi Andi, yes it will, through our EU distributor.

• Joey Ang
    • Joey_Ang
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Marc A The additional scenery you built around the castle is impressive. I may take some notes :)  That plus the lighting kit...it's going to be the center piece of my home. Thanks for sharing.

• Joey Ang
    • Joey_Ang
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg  These little details are amazing. I've been looking forward to a kit. THANK YOU!

Like 1
    • Rampianne
    • Rampianne
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Would love to hear about the kit when it is available! 🙂

Like 1
  • Marc A  that looks absolutely incredible.  Do those lights alternate in color?

• Marc A
    • Marc_A
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Chris Cooper I'm not sure.  That was a picture I found online.  I was asking this forum if the kit their working on will be similar.  Sorry for confusion.  If you read post I shared picture saying it was what I imaging and hoping the brickstuff light kit will kinda be like.  It is amazing though.  Just can't take credit for someone else's hard work.  

• Marc A
    • Marc_A
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joey Ang Sorry for confusion.  That was a picture I found online.  I was asking this forum if the kit their working on will be similar.   If you read post I shared picture saying it was what I imaging and hoping the brickstuff light kit will kinda be like.  It is amazing though.  Just can't take credit for someone else's hard work

• Lights for the Disney castle sound great, and the shots so far look good. Will this be available in Australia? Or do you ship me with to Australia?

Thanks

• Colin Lowther Yes, this kit will be available through our Australian reseller, https://brickhq.com.au .

• I too would LOVE a light set for my Disney Castle. Can't wait! 😀

Like 1
  • Any more details on this kit and how it will compare to the other kit available online?

• Erik Peterson Our plan is to focus a lot on the interior items in addition to having some great lights outside.  The idea is to have the main castle lit by warm white lights, but also have color-changing LEDs spread throughout the front, facing up, that can simulate a fireworks show.  Also flickering front lanterns.  On the inside, flickering chandeliers and torches, plus each room lit individually. 

Like 1
  • excellent, just finished building my castle, can't wait for the lights to be available!

Like 1
  • Progress today on the top two sections of the Castle.  This week we plan to finalize the lighting configuration and effects programming for the lighting kit, so we're getting close to done!  Here are some photos (not the best quality, but we wanted to post progress).

Thank you all once again for your patience while we finish this amazing kit!

Like 3
    • Joey Ang
    • Joey_Ang
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Looks great! I can't wait. Thanks for the update.

• a couple of questions regarding this build based on some of the images. Will there be any issues of the interior lighting shining through the bricks? One of the challenges i noted right away with interior lighting is that due to the lighter color of the bricks, there tends to be a wash that shows through if the lights are too bright. Also, can we get a preview shot of the exterior of the castle with lighting as well? Really excited!

• Corinne
    • lego builder in-training
    • Corinne
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This display will be an awesome set to cherish for years to come. Disney will always bring out the kid in everyone, the lights will be the final finale.🎆

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper Light shining through bricks is always a risk with large parts, light colors, and thin walls (like the tall tan elements used to build the castle sections).  This is why we're working to place lights behind thicker elements wherever possible-- this reduces the risk of shine-through.  We'll post more (better quality) photos of the exterior of the castle in the dark soon-- we're still making some tweaks on the configuration.  Thanks again for your questions!

Like 1
  • It's a great day for incredibly tiny detail wiring work!  Progress continues....

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg  thanks so much for the reply and this has been a fun journey for those of us who are looking forward to these kits and trying to guess the final outcome. Just one more question to bother you with for now: will the interior and exterior lighting be sold as separate sets? If not, will we be able to just build out the exterior kit?  

• Chris Cooper Good question.  We might be able to offer two options (one for exterior only), but the wiring for some of the exterior lights (toward the top for example) still needs to go through the interior, and some of the effect functionality (flickering torches) is shared internal/external.  I can take a look at options when the config is complete-- would you be interested just in the external setup?

Would others on this thread also be interested in two options?

Thanks-- keep the feedback coming!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg It's a little hard to say until we've seen the finished product. I'm very impressed with the work done up to now so honestly I have no problem picking up both sets. I do think that the interior and exterior should be operated separately as a display option however.

Like 1
Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following