Light up Disney Castle # 71040

What light kit can I use for the Disney Castle.

302replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Actually so excited for this to come out. If the fireplace in the kitchen flickered that would be amazing! 

• I'm in favor of one set. Most are building on a Lazy Susan and I can't see taking the castle apart to install lights and not doing both the inside and outside. My $.02. 

Like 1
  • Thomas Imber Have you been peeking into our workshop?  Definitely on the list.

Like 1
  • Started making 50 chandeliers today-- eight tiny LEDs in each assembly.  400 total lamps, and 800 wire splices!  This may take a couple of days, but the end results are amazing.

Like 2
  • Erik Peterson thanks for the feedback.  The Lazy Susan concept is interesting-- and a great way to display the castle.  Question for everyone: if the Castle is set up on a revolving base, how would you prefer to power it?  Many of our customers use our USB cable for larger kits (to power from wall power).  On a rotating base, options for power would be our 3AA battery box, a USB cable and USB battery (you could pick a larger USB battery capacity for longer runtime), or LEGO Power Functions battery (which unfortunately has a built-in timer that turns off after 90 minutes).  Let us know your thoughts on power options.  Thanks!

• Rob Klingberg USB is most universal. Those with a static display can use a brick in the wall and those with a rotating display can use a USB battery pack. I've had to cut several battery packs off for the lights I'm using now and that's not fun. Thanks Rob. 

• Corinne
    • lego builder in-training
    • Corinne
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

We also display our castle on a lazy Susan. We would like the option to use battery operation function. Our lighting preference would be for both exterior & interior, since it's displayed on turn table.

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Would definitely prefer to have a USB connection. Interior and exterior together (with my flickering fireplacy :P haha) 400 total lamps? This is starting to sound very expensive... I'm scared haha

• Thomas Imber don't worry, that's 400 total lamps to make 50 chandeliers-- only one chandelier per light kit. 😁

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg PHEW! 

• Rob Klingberg  definitely gonna agree with others, USB would most certainly be the way to go. Just want to take a moment to acknowledge and thank you for not only putting all this work into the project, but being so communicative as far as what works best and getting feedback. Before this project i had never heard of Brickstuff and I am thoroughly beyond impressed. 

Like 3
  • I'm so excited for this. My castle is sat, waiting to be lit 😀 the Lumiere's look awesome. 

• Rob Klingberg any way to drop you some payment for a preorder?

• I have my disney castle built and am now waiting for these lights to become available! Let me know of any further information that comes out in the future! 

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper thanks for the kind words, Chris!  This is our first developed with so much input from fans, so it's an exciting process for us as well.  The final kit will definitely be better because of everyone's input.

• First batch of chandelier candles ready for mounting!  So many little wires....

Like 1
  • Erik Peterson we've never taken pre-orders, in part because we usually don't know the final price of a kit until it is complete and ready for sale, and also because we want to avoid Kickstarter-type disappointments where people make a financial commitment and are disappointed when delays occur.  It just doesn't seem right to take payments before we really know exactly what we're going to be selling.  :-) But thank you though!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg fair enough. How do I make sure I'm on the first set of deliveries? ;-)

• Erik Peterson Keeping a list of people to notify has actually been very helpful-- it lets us know how many kits to make in a first batch.  You're on the list, so you'll definitely get the notification!

• Rob Klingberg thanks Rob. Take your time. I've actually got something cool for you too. 

• Erik Peterson Well now I'm really curious... :-)

• Rob Klingberg definitely would like to be added to the list!  So excited!!

• Rob Klingberg  Hi , I've been following this progress and been hunting around all over for lighting kits. This is really looking impressive . I'd certainly be interested in getting one as soon as available. 

Do you have any rough price guide ? Are these kits all pre wired , and I can just clip/stick each light in place and turn on? 

Thanks 

• I am really interested in being on the list for this, I got the castle for Christmas and been trying to find a way to light it to finish it off :) 

Thanks.

• Alison Narehood Please send us an e-mail through our website so we have your contact info, and we'll add you to the list!

Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 302Replies
  • 13945Views
  • 89 Following