Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle Set 71043

Will you be making lighting sets for the above set馃槑

177replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • How could we not make one!?  It looks so amazing.  We'll order it as soon as possible and would like to have the kit ready by Christmas.  We'll keep everyone updated here on the Forum!

Do you have any special requests for features you'd like to see included?

Like 1
  • Thanks

• bec
    • bec
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg can鈥檛 wait for this set of lights already thinking of features any fan would like to see especially if we can add the classic theme music 

so happy about this especially if it鈥檚 ready for Xmas 馃槉 

• bec Thanks for the reply-- I look forward to seeing your suggestions!

• Looking forward to this as well! Also have the lighting kit for the Disney castle and it鈥檚 amazing!

Can鈥檛 wait!

• Paul Chevallier Thanks Paul for your kind words about the Disney Castle kit.  We're happy you are enjoying it!

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

One suggestion apart from the standard lighting is the possibility to add a light showcase mimicking the night time show at Universal Studios using the colors of the 4 houses. Similar to fireworks effects used in the Disney castle

Like 1
  • Daryl Tan Great suggestion.  Do you have a video link to what the Universal Studios show looks like?

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rob Klingberg here's one version of it:

https://youtu.be/_tLMjDnOSZ0

And here's a Christmas seasonal version:

https://youtu.be/uXz2xjT-P8U

The best part is that the view of the castle portion is exactly as the Lego set :)

• Daryl Tan Thanks for the videos.  That is indeed impressive!  A lot of what they do would be difficult to replicate with LEDs (especially on this small scale)-- what they are doing seems more like projection than regular LEDs.  Plus the soundtrack is also copyrighted so we couldn't use that, but we'd need to have it in order to sync the lights with the audio.  So a bit of a conundrum!

We'll keep the lightshow idea in mind though-- thanks again for sharing!

• I love the Disney Castle and the Big Ben lighting kits - they really look  stylish for displaying the sets. Ready for Christmas would be amazing!  There are so many windows and archways and open faced rooms, lots of stand alone "torches" too that it seems like a big job to get all those planned - especially for retro-fitting! Good luck to the design team... but tell them to hurry up please ;)

• Tez Stinch We're on the case! :-)

Like 1
  • Would love to see LED lighting that could change colors in the great hall.  Something that could mimick the changing ceiling in the movie.  Would also love to have individual flickering lights for as many of the wall sconces inside as possible, a flickering firelight effect for the Griffindor common room, and some external up lighting for the outer facade.  I鈥檒l probably be looking at getting some individual lights for the boats as well.  Can鈥檛 wait to see what you come up with!

Like 2
    • Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is my temporary setup until brickstuff release :)

Like 1
  • Shannon Sears Thanks for the suggestions-- those are great ideas.

• Daryl Tan   I love the backlighting effect!  Brilliant. I will have to steal that technique!  It could also maybe present a solution for those looking to replicate a fireworks effect on the Hogwarts, or even Disney castle sets.  I have a mini projector that I鈥檒l have to play around with....

Like 2
  • Floating candles in the great hall would be amazing!  We are building our castle now and can鈥檛 wait to see what the kit looks like.  

I am already excited to decorate it for Christmas. May have to tide myself over with some generic dollhouse Xmas decorations while I wait for this!!

Like 2
    • Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Some other ideas:

1. Lights for the tip of the sands of the founders

2. Red lights for the Hungarian Horntail fire breathe

3. Laser lights pointed up to simulate conjuring of the dark mark or just random streaks of red, green, white to simulate wand battles.

Not sure how the first two will work though as it's a separate piece from the actual structure

Like 1
  • I'd love dramatic shadow creating lighting on the outside, with warm inviting lights on the inside (classic Hogwarts!) I wouldn't mind replacing some of the torch pieces if they could be made to light up?

The lower internal rooms (Requirement, Potions, Chamber of Secrets etc) need some magic as they are so dark, so any pizazz that can be added to them would be fantastic!  Looking forward to this set!

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Any development with lighting this set guys? Will it still be ready for XMAS? :)

• Daryl Tan Still working on it!  We decided to develop some new technology that will make it look more realistic than ever, but this means we need to have new circuit boards designed and manufactured.  Still working toward a holiday release for pre-orders!

• I wasn't planning on buying this kit, but reading this thread has me rethinking that!  Knowing what Rob can do makes me think this will look really amazing.

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I came across this YouTube VR 360掳 video of the Hogwarts Castle by Lego. The castle is lit up. Maybe you can get some ideas or inspiration from there.

https://youtu.be/znQDRRbhzh4

Cheers

Like 1
  • Daryl Tan 

oh wow! That video is awesome! Don鈥檛 have the castle yet, but definitely can鈥檛 wait to get it and build it!

And there are so many good lighting options! I bet it鈥檚 going to be amazing when the guys here are finished! Definitely gonna order!

• Daryl Tan Wow, thanks for sharing!  That is a great video indeed.  Lots of good lighting ideas there.  Let's just say we're planning to light up what they show there plus some additional surprise elements that will make our kit stand out. :-)

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 177Replies
  • 4754Views
  • 42 Following