Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle Set 71043

Will you be making lighting sets for the above set😎

177replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Chris Cooper Thanks so much Chris for your feedback and for sharing your photos and video.  I see you took full advantage of the custom sound loading capability!  Everything in your setup looks fantastic.

I'm so happy that you like the kit and I hope it will bring you and your family enjoyment for a long time to come!

Also, great tip on saving/re-using the black cable tie!  That's awesome.

Thank you again.

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper PERFECT! Now let's see a video of the other side 🙃

Looks amazing! 

Btw Rob Klingberg got my kit in the mail. Excited to bust it open. Now to obtain the lego set without my wife getting mad at me.  somehow, someway lol

as you complete your sets, please show em off so I can live vicariously people!!! 

this truly appears to be a masterpiece. Rob, your team and you are so talented and I hope you know how much we appreciate the little details and constant communication. the waiting extra months was worth the years that this will be displayed proudly in my home. 

Like 1
  • After installing everything, it's very important for me to find a solution hidding als the wires an controllers on the back of the castle... here is my solution.🙂

Like 1
  • Freakmaster i agree that wire clean up was the most difficult part of this build. Would love to know what pieces you brought/ used for the base. Also, how did you clean up the wires that between the bridge and the main castle? Do you have pics? Fantastic job btw, and definitely on my to-do list now!

• Chris Cooper 

Let's say it's just a Work in Progress, because I also want to create water in Front of the Castle, to bring also the small ships with light on the base plates. For the cables between the Castle and the Bridge, I'm working on a solution. I send some picutres, when I've finished it😉

• Freakmaster Fantastic work with the base.  When you get it finished, it would be great if you'd be willing to make a dedicated post on the forum just to show how you did it.  I think many others would like to do the same!

• Rob Klingberg 

Yes I will do that! But I think I Need the Holidays to finish everything;-)

• Here is the preparation for the next step to hide the cables of the ships. My plan is also to use the water effect to hide the cabled between the bridge and the building.

• Like 2
  • I just got mine all done. I put mine on a turntable so it can be turned to see all the details. I installed a slip ring for the power so the turntable can be turned without having to deal with the wires. The Brickstuff kit is awesome, it can be hard running some of the wires but in the end its worth it. I spent more time hiding the wires like it the tower, I drilled holes to run the wires through. I ran the wires for the boats, whomping willow & Hagrid's hut under the turntable. Here is a detailed video of it working https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsmGAkZH4o

Like 1
  • Brad Johnston Holy cow, that is absolutely stunning.  Great job!  You clearly took it to the next level with the slip ring and turntable, and the added scenery looks amazing.  I'm going to share the YouTube video on our Facebook page today, so others can see your great work!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Thanks. Your lighting kit is amazing. I can just sit down & watch it for hours

Like 1
  • Freakmaster amazing set up and Brad Johnston also very impressive!!!

love the YouTube video! Can you hook me up with the link where you bought the turn table? Thanks!

either of you upload audio yet or have plans to? Love the extra design work you are both doing. Nice to see some ideas that I can use later 🙃

• Michael Organiscak I uploaded hedwig's theme, can't put the whole song on there do to size but got about 2:20 of it .Here is that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYEWrSQIiI . Here is the turntable I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045DV04I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Did you ever consider a motorized turntable Brad Johnston

• Michael Organiscak I did but after seeing how much it would be I decided it wasn't worth it.   

• Here is my latest update! Not finished yet, but on a good way.

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper 

Hi Chris, this is my solution I build today for the wires between the bridge and the castle

Like 1
  • A huge thank you to Rob and the Brickstuff team.  Wow!!! So worth the wait, it came just in time for Christmas.  This is truly an amazing product!  I inherited part of my fathers train collection and my kids all love Harry Potter and have several of the LEGO sets.  When I saw the new castle I knew it had to be the centerpiece of a train layout I am building to house my fathers trains.  My fathers train layout had tons of lights on it so I started looking on the internet for ways to light up legos.  My search led me to Brickstuff, so glad it did!  Now I need ideas on how to light up set Diagon Alley (10217), the Burrow (4840) and Harris’s Hut (4738).  

Like 1
  • Peter Bray Thank you Peter for your kind words!  We're so happy you are enjoying your castle.  We'd love to see photos of it in place with the train layout as well-- if you'd be willing to make a new post on the Forum with photos of the entire setup, that would be fantastic.

As for lighting ideas for the other sets you mentioned, we have Diagon Alley and Hagrid's Hut as well, along with the other smaller new Harry Potter sets.  We're working on a new idea using the smaller LEGO candles that were released recently-- if we can make this idea work, it will open up a whole range of new possibilities especially for the Harry Potter sets.  Stay tuned!

• Freakmaster  what are the chance you know what bricks you used for your base. Been wanting to do something like that and now I may finally have the time. Just don’t know how many of certain LEGO pieces I will need to order.  

• As you could see in this picture, i used four 32x32 and four 16x32 plates as base to have both parts of the castle on two(2 pcs. 32x32 and 2 pcs. 16x32) plates.  So I‘m able to seperate the two castlehalves as in the original. Maybe you could see it in the pictures. I don‘t know how many parts I used, but there are mostly 2x4 or 2x2 bricks on the base plates an as cover I used 16x16 plates. The blue „water“ tiles are more than 1.000 pcs.

Like 1
  • Can anyone tell me of anywhere that would sell those flat blue pieces. Love the idea Freakmaster I hope you dont mind me stealing design Haha 

• Freakmaster did you consider using 1x4s for the clear blue 

• Michael Organiscak 

No, in my opinion the the idea to use 1x2 was to use a random pattern. If you have a deeper look at it, you could see random repetitions. 

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 177Replies
  • 4743Views
  • 42 Following