Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle Set 71043

Will you be making lighting sets for the above set馃槑

177replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Lewis Thanks again for letting us know about the issue!

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Pre-ordered! Amazing kit. Great job guys.

Like 1
  • Daryl Tan Thank you!

• Rob Klingberg Rob Rob Rob Rob! Just placed order for the mega bundle! Actually my wife got it for me, just like the Disney castle one! Best wife ever! I don鈥檛 even have the hogwarts castle yet but I couldn鈥檛 pass up the chance to be in the first 50 for some exclusives! Can鈥檛 wait to find out what they are. 

At at the risk of sounding repetitive, the first 50 have not all been sold yet, right?!?! 

• Rob Klingberg also, while we are on the topic of the first 50 sets. Not sure what you have planned but from the videos I鈥檝e watched, I鈥檝e been seeing a lot about sticker short comings from the LEGO set. Not sure how y鈥檃lls sticker game is?!

• bec
    • bec
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here鈥檚 hoping made it in to the first 50 orders cant wait u guys do an amazing job

Like 1
  • Michael Organiscak Thank you for your order!  Yes, you're in the First 50. :-)

• bec Yep, you're in the First 50 as well!  Thank you for your order!

• Michael Organiscak We have some pretty good sticker design and production capability.  What did you have in mind?

• Rob Klingberg been meaning to reply but have just been busy. Want to thank you for your fantastic work on this beautiful set and in keeping the labor in the US! Sincerely hoping I made it in the first batch (maybe even the first order!!) as I tried to order immediately after getting the email. My wife is a huge Harry Potter fan as am I so we are very excited about this set. Owning the castle brings so much magic to the house for our family and guests... so i can only IMAGINE how much more magic Hogwarts would bring (see what i did there?). Hope you have a good one!!

Like 1
  • Chris Cooper Thanks for your order Chris-- you were definitely one of the first!  I really appreciate it, and thank you also for your kind words.  Your support makes what we do all worthwhile!

• The kit looks incredible, and I love the number of flickering effects.  I hate to sound picky, but I was wondering, would it be possible to edit any of the random effects (especially if we have very little experience programming)?

I love the tower windows being random, but would like them to stay on/off for longer.  I like the flames for the mirror of Erised, but wonder if they could be on permanently.  And the flicker for the keys is cool, but could it be done similar to the Chamber of Secrets where there is always light, but flickering randomly?

Also, any possibility of overhead lighting for the Potions classroom and Room of Requirement?  Maybe they could be switched on and off like the entrance hall.

Like 1
  • Justice Smith Thanks for your feedback.  Great suggestions.  We can make just about any parameter configurable via the dial and/or button on the main control board, so much of what you proposed seems doable.  We'd have to get into the code and make sure it didn't get too complicated to set/manage, but it's something we can look into for sure.  The good news is that a) the code isn't finalized yet, and b) everything is controlled from the one central board.  Stay tuned!

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg just to confirm we have to upload our own sounds and they don鈥檛 come preloaded correct?

• Ryan Orr
    • Ryan_Orr
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hopefully they have some sounds uploaded, I know they can鈥檛 use the Harry Potter soundtrack but maybe something that matches the atmosphere. 

• Ryan Orr Michael Organiscak thanks for the questions!  At this point we are looking at pre-loading some sound files, most likely for atmospheric effects (TBD on those).  As Ryan mentioned, we can't use the official Potter music but we have licensed music that is definitely within the theme of the series.  We may pre-load that as well.  More updates to come, but in the meantime, if you have any feedback on atmospheric sounds you'd like to see included, please let us know!

Like 1
  • Hoping I got in on the initial batch. On the website it looks like the second batch is now selling, but I'm not sure what it said when I ordered.

• Justice Smith You're in the July batch which means you were in the first 50!

• Really excited about the lighting kit. July is right around the corner. Still have to buy the hogwarts castle though 馃え minor detail!

• Michael Organiscak Details details......

• Rob Klingberg Quick question. There's a pretty solid chance I'll be moving in mid to late July. I've already pre-ordered ... What will be the best way to get you a change of address on my order?

• Paul Scofield Hi Paul, just send us an e-mail to support@brickstuff.com with your new address if you move before we mail out your kit.

• Ryan Orr
    • Ryan_Orr
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Almost finished with building the set and can鈥檛 wait to start the lighting!!

Like 1
    • Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Adding on to what Justice Smith   has mentioned, would be great if there is also an option to basically turn on all lights (exterior and/or interior) without any effects. For days that I want it to be lit up bright like all the other inferior lighting kits out there 馃榿

• Daryl Tan That should be doable as well!  I'll add it to the list and see if we can accommodate it.

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 177Replies
  • 4743Views
  • 42 Following