Disney Castle Lighting

Rob, now that I have installed your amazing kit, I want to thank you for creating this awesome enhancement to the Castle!!!

Here are shots of it in full glory!

Hugh

73replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Michael Organiscak OK, then what you need to do is follow the troubleshooting steps.  Isolate what works, and trace it to where it fails.  Keep us posted.

• Rob Klingberg sorry for the delay. Been very busy. 

So so I believe I have followed the troubleshooting guide to no avail. 

How owe would I proceed with isolation?

• Michael Organiscak What behavior did you see?  For instance, do the green lights still come on on the controllers when you connect power?

• Rob Klingberg  the green light that’s kinda above the front door that has the hot mess of wires in it, that is still green. Are there others?

• Michael Organiscak That's the important one.  As outlined in the troubleshooting documents, you should unplug the 4 lighting connections that go into that board, and connect each of those connections individually to the power source (with nothing else connected).  Do that for each of the 4 connections and see which lights work and which don't on each connection.  if some lights don't work on one connection, trace the connection to the end of the line, find where the lights stop working, disconnect the wire there, and examine it for pinching, cutting, etc.  The troubleshooting doc walks through how to do this step by step.

• Rob Klingberg as I plugged the power supply directly into each one, the lights flashed, turned off, then wouldn’t go back on. 

• Michael Organiscak Hmm ok now that's sounding like something broke in your power supply itself.  Is this the USB cable?  What are you using to power it (from the wall)?  Do you have another wall adapter you could try?  Lastly, do you think there's a loose connection on the USB plug itself (the end of the wire with the Brickstuff connector on it)?  If you wiggle it when you have just one LED connected, does the light come on and off?

• Rob Klingberg hey Rob. Work week over will be doing some troubleshooting soon. Thanks for your continued support will let you know what I find over the next few days. 

Ive tried a few different wall plugs, no different results.  Looked at the power supply cable don’t see any issues. I think I’m gonna do what we were doing earlier with the main console. Unlug and play and mess with the cords to see if I can get any different results. 

• Rob Klingberg replaced remote control battery, no luck. Wiggled cords, nothing. 

Should i I buy a replacement P/S?

• Michael Organiscak Any chance you have one of our battery packs (3AA)?  I think it would be good to try testing with a completely different power source.  If you don't have one I can send you one-- just let me know.  Thanks!

• Rob Klingberg no luck. Same thing as before. Main control board green light lights, but no response from remote. Have changed batteries in all battery powered things involved. 

• Michael Organiscak OK, thanks for the troubleshooting.  Just to clarify: you have tested individual lights and they work?  For instance, if you disconnect the lights connected to the main controller on the OUT1, OUT2, OUT3, or OUT4 plugs and you connect them directly to power using a BRANCH04 adapter board, the lights work?  Do all strings connected this way work, or just some (i.e., OUT1 but not OUT2, etc.)?

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Michael Organiscak  I was removing my castle last week from the acrylic display box that it usually sits in and when I placed it back, I experienced the same issue as yours. I am using an usb power supply. When power is turned on lights came on and then when I moved it a little it went off. I tried wiggling some wires around and it seems the problem was the long wire with the micro connector  from underneath the castle that is supposed to connect to the square thingy that connects to the power source. The actual wire wasn't fully connected into the micro connector probably due to some unintentional pulling on my end. I tried fitting in the wires as much as I could and at certain angle the lights stayed on. I have an extra wire with a working connector but it was too cumbersome to remove the whole wire and put in the new ones as it goes through the bottom of the castle. I basically cut the old and new wires and joined them together and it works fine now.

On another note, Rob Klingberg for some reason now my kit only lights up the warm yellow light mode. Tried switching it with the remote but to no avail. Remote doesn't turn on and off the lights as well. Replaced with a new battery but still the same. Hadn't had the time to try and troubleshoot it yet but could you advise what should I be checking on when I do get to it? Thanks!

Here's some pics of the castle with my new residents :)

• Does the Disney LEGO castle lighting kit include sound? I saw a person shared their video on here with sound and the lights worked in sync, is that how this kit performs?

• Daryl Tan
    • Daryl_Tan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tory Zapata that was me with the synchronized sound. I just played some music in the background and it so happened synced with the fireworks effect. But I believe brickstuff do have some sound kit that you can fit it into the castle 

Like 1
  • Tory Zapata We do have a sound option that connects to the kit. Send us an e-mail to support@brickstuff.com if you're interested for more details.

• Daryl Tan Great pics!  Thanks for posting and or sharing your troubleshooting tips.

About the warm yellow light mode: do you mean your color-changing spotlights don't work?  Can you still turn the white ones on and off, but the color-changing ones don't come on?

• Daryl Tan 

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t seen any others featuring sound I was wondering what it sounded like.  

• Rob Klingberg is there a chance that it’s the connector for the 24” cable on the main control module?

Connected each from the main control module to the A5 straight to power and they all worked except the one coming from the 24” cable

I connected a shorter cable (12” I believe) straight to the A5 adapter board to the power supply and no luck (got a quick flicker)

so that makes me think it’s that power connection to the main board right? Since I used another line going straight without being pinched or anything, that should rule out pinching with the 24” cable going down to the bottom. So what I’ve come to is just replacing the main control module? Can I order one please ?

• Rob Klingberg the green light for the main control console is on though so I’m a little confused cause that means power is connected. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Michael Organiscak Hmm that is odd.  Below is a photo of the TRUNK05 controller with all of its connectors numbered.  Which connector is the 24" cable connected to?  Is it the PWR connector?

• Rob Klingberg yes

• Rob Klingberg the spots labeled one through four can be successfully disconnected and connected to an A4 adapter and light up

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Disney castle lighting take 75: we have lights! Now just need to get the remote working. Gonna go get another battery today. Pray for me!

• and you were right.  My inputs were wrong making the white lights flicker. Fixed!

Like Follow
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 73Replies
  • 1306Views
  • 12 Following