lights set for the lego grand piano (#21323)

hi there everyone has there already been a three about this as I search but no results just wanted to put it out there that a light set for this would be amazing 

please direct me to the thread if I have out this put and its already available somewhere else thanks

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Thanks for starting the thread!  In terms of lights, what would you want to see?

We are actually undertaking one of the most ambitious projects of our history: making the piano PLAYABLE.  Stay tuned.

• Rob Klingberg Wouldn’t this just entail creating an alternative to the LEGO sound brick to put in the mechanics? Also, pun intended?

• Jeremiah Shue :-) actually it's much more complicated.  The sound quality of the LEGO sound brick is very low, and it only plays one sound at a time.  Our vision is to have true polyphony and real piano samples, with buttons under each key.  A true playable experience!

Like 1
  • I assume you've seen this similar project https://www.foobarflies.io/pianette/

• Jeremiah Shue Wow, that's pretty impressive.  A little more than we were aiming for, though. :-)

• bec
    • bec
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am a fan of having the piano playable and lighting and everything else our imaginations can come with  - bring on the ideas everyone 

Like 1
    • bec
    • bec
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well it isn’t been a little while so I just thought I would check in and see if anyone else has ideas for this wonderful piano 

• bec
    • bec
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there just checking in to see if there has been any progress with a wonderful light system for this great lego piece 

• bec Hi there, thanks for checking in.  No update yet-- we're still digging out from the 2021 parts shortage, so hoping to have something for this set in the Fall of this year.  We're aiming for more than a light kit, so hoping to create something truly unique in the area of sound as well.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 70Views
  • 3 Following