Light and Sound Kit for the LEGO Ideas Treehouse (#21318)

We've received several questions asking if we plan to offer a kit for the beautiful LEGO Ideas treehouse.  Definitely yes!  We're working on some prototypes now, and we want to offer features in this kit that aren't available anywhere else.  Sound will be a part of the kit of course (including the ability to add your own custom sounds and music), and we're even looking into the possibility of making the treetop lights pulse in response to the music.  When we have more details to share about the kit, we'll post it here.

In the meantime, any suggestions for features people would like to see included in the kit are welcome!  We want to make this kit truly wonderful, so keep the ideas coming!

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • It could be great to have infinite loop for water, fire, birds or maybe falling leaves sound :) 

• David Mužík Excellent suggestion-- that was on our list too!

Like 1
  • That’s awesome! I actually bought this set with the intention of switching between an accent lamp and bedside reading lamp. Here’s my ideal lighting setup wishlist (moonshots included):

- ability to dim lights on based on the location like a real house (ex, porch lights independently internal house lights) 

- having lights under tree canopy with ability to raise brightness levels to a level that would allow it to act as decent bedside lamp

- ability to change color of lights inside cabins and treetops  (maybe someones having a party in there). 

- flickering candles / fire that match up with the wind effects (when wind blows strongest there is flickering to match this). Also ability to disable effects as this could get distracting at bedside. 

Like 1
  • John T Great suggestions!  I think we could accommodate most of those ideas, with the possible exception of the color-changing lights inside the cabins.  The limitation there is that the color-changing lights on the market make "white" by turning on all colors, which makes a cool white light that, in our view, looks artificial.  That's why we use warm white lights-- these look much more natural.

This is turning into a great list of ideas-- thank you again for sharing!

• What is the status of a light/sound kit for the tree house??

• Kris Petersen Hi Kris, yes we have been finalizing design on a new controller that will allow people to play back music through their treehouse and have the lights respond to the music.  We're also working on some ways to turn the treehouse into a night light with timer, as this has been a request from some customers.  We're still ramping back up to full speed after the Covid-19 quarantines here in Minnesota, but I hope to have more details to share soon!

Like 1
  • Rob,

My treehouse is built and begging for lights! How is what you are putting together different than other companies like Light My Bricks and Taillighting? Both have kits ready for purchase. I want the best set up, but I am ready to make my purchase and make my treehouse shine!

Thanks,

Kris

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 days agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 68Views
  • 4 Following