Light and Sound Kit for the 2020 Creator Expert Ecto-1 (#10274)

Well, what an amazing model!  Six years after the release of the LEGO Ideas Ecto-1-- in our humble opinion, one of the best vehicle sets ever released by LEGO-- the company has taken aim squarely at our pocketbooks with a huge new set: the Creator Expert Ecto-1 (item #10274).  You can see the set here:

https://youtu.be/hQN4d9UcMeE

Our light and sound kit for the Ideas Ecto-1 from 2014 has consistently been one of our best-selling kits, and it has more features than any other kit available.  It's really one of the kits I'm most proud of designing, so when we learned of an even bigger, cooler Ecto-1 headed our way, we knew we had to up our game and rise to the challenge.

We're currently testing designs for the huge rooftop lightbars and large spotlights-- stay tuned for more details.

Since we already have the base control circuitry and sound for the Ecto-1, it should be relatively easy to expand the kit to cover this new model.  If all goes well, I'm hoping to have pre-orders up on the site before Christmas, with delivery likely beginning in March 2021.

So.....what features (beyond the obvious!) would you like to see in a light and sound kit for this amazing model?  Let us know in the comments below, and thank you!

125replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Rick rivera Glad you like it.  I liked that it ended up being swappable with the 2x2 round brick that comes with the LEGO set, so you can decide whether to use the big piece or the small one, and you can switch anytime without needing to disconnect/re-connect the LED.

• Simply amazing!!! I can't wait to get a set for my Ecto!

Like 1
  • Jaidev Patel 

Usually yes, the only thing you have to consider is that you need an extra power supply for the lighting. Benjamin used the new PowerUp (PU) system and Brickstuff only has an adapter for Power Functions (PF). I'm also thinking about to realize the lights and the motorization. A simple but expensive solution could be the new BuWizz3.0, as it has PF and PU.

In this case you have to install the Buwizz battery the other way around so that you can still charge it and access the PU connections. I already had spoken to Benjamin about this ides and he says that it should be possible with a few modifications on his MOD.

• Freakmaster  Thats great, I think I may go the BuWizz3 option.  What cable would I need to connect the BuWizz3 to the LiPo power source board you supply?  Assume Id have to pre-order the light kit with LiPo power source option.

• Jaidev Patel 

No, you don't need the LiPo Power Source Option, you need the "Power Functions Power Source v1.5 for the Brickstuff LEGO® Lighting System" SEED06+

I've got the old version which only has the Standard Output, what is perfect for that setup. I think the version 1.5 is also fine for that, but here we have to ask Rob Klingberg  

• Jaidev Patel Likely not.  We have all of our control board, circuitry, sound modules, etc. occupying the entire bottom of the car.  You could try putting everything inside the car instead of underneath it, but we can't make directions for that.

• Freakmaster Remember, the entire bottom of the vehicle (including all recessed areas) is where we place all the electronics in our kit.  You could try re-locating these inside the car (the wires would reach), but we cannot try that.

• Rob Klingberg 

Ok, that‘s a fact I didn‘t know. Maybe I should see a picture or the instructions first. But maybe I could find a way. Challenge accepted😉

• Freakmaster Oh I think it can definitely be done, especially by someone willing to be creative and experiment.

• We may have a problem,  the kit you told me to purchase for the battery, and charger the battery output is bigger then any of your components.  I sent you photos and emails of what I talking about. Please look.

Like 1
  • I looked at some of your photos of the car and your equipment and see that this battery will fit in the motherboard.  Please dis regard my email and my old posting here.

Like 1
  • Kenneth Higgins Thanks Ken!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg  thank you for putting up with people like me, who wants to make sure everything fits and works accordingly.  😉

Like 1
  • Kenneth Higgins Ha, it's all good-- we want things to work together as much as you do! :-)

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg I'm excited about getting this kit. Just to double check, this has everything I'll need, right?  Power connector or battery? Just want to make sure if I need anything, that I get it. 

Like 1
  • Rick rivera The kit includes a USB cable for power, so you'll always have that.  If you decide to go with the additional LiPo (rechargeable) option, so power can be self-contained, you'll need to add the LiPo power source option when buying from us, then purchase a battery and charger separately (there are links to buy on the main product page).  Then you'll have the choice of USB or LiPo.  I hope this makes sense-- please let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you!

Like 2
  • Rob Klingberg Thank you! That answers everything.

Like 2
  • I have preordered my kit with LiPo and already have my battery and charger.

When are the kits going to ship.

• Jerry Sachs Hi Jerry, thank you very much for your order!  As stated on the website, these pre-orders will begin shipping at the end of April.  I will be communicating with those in your order batch beginning in early April and will keep you posted on our progress.

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg 

Thank you just keep me informed when you’re ready to ship. Do you know how hard it will be to install in a completed  Ecto 1 10274

Like 1
  • Jerry Sachs Hi Jerry, we're pre-installing many of the lights to make setup as easy as possible.  The hardest part of installation will be removing the Ecto-1 roof, but we'll put instructions on how to best do that.  All of our guides are written with the assumption that you have already built your LEGO set.

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg 

• Thanks again

• Rob Klingberg  just wanted to say, we all ❤❤❤❤ your design and dedication..👍👍👍

Like 2
Like5 Follow
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 125Replies
  • 974Views
  • 18 Following