Engine light for A-Wing 75275

Inspired by your description of a “round LED board” for the Star Destroyer engine, I started to workshop on a proof of concept for the A-Wing. I only had 6 spare pico LEDs to play with, but here it is:

And after some additional cutting:
  This is the result:

I found the rear part of the engine a bit dull, so I moved 2 LED to the rear center part:

But maybe is a bit to much, compared to some images on the net, like:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/97/AwingEngines-SWE.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120712040023

A final version of this engine front setup will most likely be made by soldering a ring of four pico LEDs from a panel, so it will only require one connection.

I’m using the LEC i Jet mode,  but I can’t really detect any difference between the two channels.

What will your “round LED board” look like? Dimensions? I have just got the Star Destroyer, so I’m waiting for your set. 😉

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Svend, great work!  Here are some photos of the two rings we have almost ready for production.  I pulled down my own A-Wing to show the size comparison.

The first ring is somewhat small-- originally designed for the Snowspeeder but might work on the A-Wing also:

The second one is larger:

Both rings have lights where the colors can be individually set, so plenty of possibility to do pulsing engine lights, different colors (yellow/white) and any other combinations.

What do you think?

• Rob Klingberg Very nice - my snowspeeder needs light too 😃 especially those huge lasercannons.

Back to topic: yes this is what I was thinking of.

Are these RGB LEDs needing a new kind of LEC or?

The larger on is what I would prefer, but for the A-Wing I thing RGB LEDs might be a bit over the top. Ordinary white LEDs might be enough (read: less expensive?)

• Svend Erik Nissen Hi Svend, glad you like them!  Yes, they will require a new LEC as they are RGB LEDs.  Actually these are less expensive than the normal white LEDs we use, if you can believe it!

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 28Views
  • 2 Following