LEGO Ideas Home Alone (#21330)

We've had several questions about whether we plan to make a light (and sound?) (and motion?) kit for the crazy-cool LEGO Ideas Home Alone set (#21330).  Absolutely!  We picked up the set in late 2021 and have it on our short list to prioritize for the first half of 2022.  As with any kit we make, we want to create something truly unique, something you can't find anywhere else.  This will be the main thread we'll use to communicate ideas, features, and status, so keep an eye here if you have this set and are looking to take it to the next level.

In the meantime, what are some "must have" features you'd like to see in this kit?  don't hold back!  If you've already built the set yourself, let us know in the comments below what features you'd like to see related to lights, remote control, motion, and sound.

Thank you as always!

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Rob, with Christmas just around the corner and the holiday movies and music being dusted off. I was wondering if there has been any news or updates on the Home Alone kit? Is it still something you guys are considering? Thanks!

• Hi Graham, thanks for keeping after us about this set!  Yes, we're in the holiday spirit as well seeing it again.  It's been a long year with the continuing supply shortages, but the good news is that I feel we're finally coming out of it and I hope to have our next generation of controllers ready by Spring 2023.  Once those are here, that will allow us to finish the kits for this set and others.  Sadly, not in time for Christmas 2022 but definitely still on our list for 2023!  I'll have more details to share here on the Forum when the controllers are finished.

Thank you again for your patience and support during these still-crazy times, and I wish you all the best for a happy holiday!

Like 1
  • Rob Klingberg Hi, do you have some updates ? I wanted to ask some other company for a light kit for a review on our website but if you still work on the home alone light kit I would wait for it. 

• PCPointerDE Wrapping up building the set this weekend, then YES absolutely, light kit to follow very soon after!

Like 1
    • Gregory
    • Gregory
    • 3 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Just got the kit for the holidays.   Hope this comes out soon!!

• Gregory It's on our list for 2024 for sure!  Need to find a way to make the light strings on the front of the house have special effects, and also looking to add a motor to the underside to make the train and record player turn!

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 194Views
  • 6 Following