Marquee - Yea! (And question(s))
First of all, hurrah - cue balloons and festive music!
And the questions aren't even hard - but I already know where at least one or two of these could go. (Which isn't to say I'm impatient about the roller coaster, but that *is* the dark part of the amusement park today.)
- Curious: what's a use case for side channel Channel 4? The attached PDF on the page - splendid work, by the by - I just can't wrap my head around the application
- When one says "large" displays, what sort of load capacity are we talking per channel?
- Is said "large" impacted by extended runs, say, I put one set on the ticket booth of said roller coaster, and run out 3x 24" wires off the adapter board out to marquee up to the Coaster?
... ah, I miss lighting projects. Been away being a grown-up for too long the last few months...
Hi Paul, to answer your questions:
* Channel 4 was made for the four front lights on the Palace Cinema marquee-- they're not part of the 3-channel cycle but they still need some effect. So they flash on/off on an every other cycle pattern while the main marquee is on a 3-step cycle. Kind of like a piece of music in 2/4 time and 3/4 time at the same time. Does this help?
* Probably 50 LEDs per channel (so a total marquee of up to 150 LEDs)
* No that shouldn't be an issue
If you're thinking about this for the roller coaster, you might want to wait. We have something *much* better coming for that.