Marquee - Yea! (And question(s))

First of all, hurrah - cue balloons and festive music!

And the questions aren't even hard - but I already know where at least one or two of these could go.  (Which isn't to say I'm impatient about the roller coaster, but that *is* the dark part of the amusement park today.)

• Curious: what's a use case for side channel Channel 4?  The attached PDF on the page - splendid work, by the by - I just can't wrap my head around the application
  • When one says "large" displays, what sort of load capacity are we talking per channel?
  • Is said "large" impacted by extended runs, say, I put one set on the ticket booth of said roller coaster, and run out 3x 24" wires off the adapter board out to marquee up to the Coaster?

... ah, I miss lighting projects.  Been away being a grown-up for too long the last few months...

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Paul, to answer your questions:

* Channel 4 was made for the four front lights on the Palace Cinema marquee-- they're not part of the 3-channel cycle but they still need some effect.  So they flash on/off on an every other cycle pattern while the main marquee is on a 3-step cycle.  Kind of like a piece of music in 2/4 time and 3/4 time at the same time.  Does this help?

*  Probably 50 LEDs per channel (so a total marquee of up to 150 LEDs)

*  No that shouldn't be an issue

If you're thinking about this for the roller coaster, you might want to wait.  We have something *much* better coming for that.

Reply Like
  • Rob Klingberg well, helpful on every point - nailed it!  ;)

I like kits, but it’s handy to have an ample supply of options in my BrickStuff tackle box as well... I’ll toss one in the next order.   Thank you sir!

Reply Like
  • Paul George No, as always, thank you! :-)

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 8 days agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 10Views
  • 2 Following