New Millennium Falcon # 75192

We've received many questions about our plans for a lighting kit for the beautiful new Millennium Falcon (LEGO set #75192).  We have developed a kit for this model that includes not only lights, but SOUND as well.

We're working to get the kits ready for shipment beginning in February 2018.  There are so many amazing features in the kit that we had to create a website dedicated just to the kit:

www.lightmyfalcon.com

Plenty of photos, videos (with sound!) and detail about this amazing kit.

I'm starting this new Forum post so anyone out there who either has the set or who has ideas about what they'd like to see in a lighting and sound kit can let us know.  We're still early in the process, so make your voice known!

235replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Eric Stiff If you look at our PF power supply, it's called a power supply because it converts the 9V coming from the PF battery into the 5V used by our system, and it also converts the PF connector to our power connector.  It also has a powerful mini switched-mode buck converter inside to provide high current to the lights.  I suppose you might more accurately call it a power adapter-- it bridges the LEGO batteries to our system.  Does that help clarify?

• Rob Klingberg Yes! Completely! Thank you! Hmm, how do I convert my order from USB to PF? Just charge me for the difference? 

• Rob Klingberg So, can we order the kit with both power supply options? I mean, USB and additionally the PF power adapter in case we want to take our Falcon for a quick 12 parsecs ride outside? 😉 

• Floriano Paes Sure thing-- just order two USB cables from our website (additional items) when placing your order for the Falcon.

• Today I received my Falcon Kit👍

In past I made some Mods of the interior fitting. At this time, I didn't know that you use the free space for the speakers... now I have to improvise... to you think that works as 

well?

• Bill Ryan
    • Bill_Ryan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

After working on the lighting kit it's finally done.  It's a little challenge using these 67 year old eyes. Magnifying glasses and extra lighting is a must. I did damage a couple of connectors and one light. I ordered replacements and a few spares of each. I also added a light in each turret. My wife decided she wanted a light in the radar dish and that was completed this evening. All in all, a fun project and looks good. Next on the list is installing the lighting kit for my wife's Disney Castle. Maybe I'll start that this weekend.

• Bill Ryan Hurrah!  Hoping to see some photos - especially of the modifications.  ;)

• Bill Ryan
    • Bill_Ryan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

These "mods" were actually minor changes. I did have to drill a couple of inexpensive Lego parts on the dome mount. By doing so the wires are totally hidden and the radar can still be rotated.  My wife chose the color of the Plate (Lego P/N 4073).  

• Freakmaster We've had several people ask about modifying that back open section.  I think there is room in the front section, next to the cockpit, for many/most of the parts to go (especially the speaker)-- what do you think?

• Bill Ryan Nice job!  I do like that light in the radar dish.  Thank you for sharing your photos!

• Rob Klingberg 

Finished the model, as well with keeping my sleeping room on the right side.... but now there are some lamps needed as well. Hopefully I could integrate it into your MF-Set.

• Andy C
    • Andy_C
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm thinking about getting this, but I have a few questions: 

- Whats the differences between the all in USB vs the all in PF power?

- How is wire management? Will I be able to see wires running around everywhere in the interior? 

- Do we have to make any modifications to the bricks such as drilling, cutting and/or sanding?

• Freakmaster Thanks for sharing the photos-- your setup looks great!  I like the extra room you added.  With that, was there still enough room to place the speakers and other components needed for the kit?  It would be great to see where you placed those.

As for adding more lamps, this will definitely be possible.  There should be an extra cool white Pico LED with the kit in the Extra Parts bag-- you should be able to connect this to the BRANCH10 adapter in the rear and mount it to the top of the doorway passage in your room as in the other rooms.  For further expansion, there should be several available plugs on the BRANCH10 that could have LEDs connected as well.  Looking forward to seeing it all together with the landing bay lights!

• Andy C Hi Andy, thanks for your questions.  To answer your questions:

1. The differences between the USB and PF options are explained on the FAQ page of the Falcon website (http://www.lightmyfalcon.com/frequently-asked-questions.html), but in general, with the PF option you can make everything self-contained inside the Falcon, and with the USB option, you can connect the lights to mains power so they operate longer.
    2. You will not be able to see many wires in the interior, thanks to the large amount of free space available inside the Falcon behind walls, etc.  Our goal in designing the kit was to make the wires as invisible as possible.
    3. No, no modifications are needed to any parts.  The kit comes with all modified parts pre-assembled for you, so you can save your original Falcon parts for later if you wanted to remove the kit, sell the set, etc.

I hope this helps answer your questions.  Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.  Thank you for your interest in our kits!

• Rob Klingberg 

Thanks for the hint with the additional pico LED. Here's the picture where you could see the speakers.

• And here are the batteries

• Freakmaster Nice!  I like the way you have everything tucked in there.  I'm glad it all fits.  Thanks for sharing.

• Hi all,

Is there a PDF of the assembly instructions available? I bought the kit, and the assembly instructions is outstanding—just the photos are too small for my old eyes (I want to/need to zoom in). Many thanks!

• Greg Munson that would have been handy. Unfortunately it doesn't assist in seeing the tiny plugs and sockets any better :-)

• Greg Munson I'll send you a direct download link to the PDF.

• Hi everyone, here's a link to a great new video that was produced by our friends at Bricknerd Studios, showing a timelapse install of the lighting and sound kit for the Falcon with some great demos at the end.  Just make sure you watch until the very end!

• Watching that video makes me want mine to arrive sooner.. it’s currently in Chicago at the moment .... hurry up postman!

Like 1
  • A couple hints for those adding lights to the Falcon while they are building it (which BTW makes it much easier).  Beef up the right rear area where the master control board and engine speaker is mounted and enlarge the area bor the battery packs by 1. Add several 2x4 bricks between the upper and lower plates inside of the black Technic rectangles.  This will help keep the bottom panels on.  2.  Instead of placing the 2 1x8 tiles with the double sided tape onto the bottom plates add a pair of 1x12 bricks across the opening and attach the 1x8 plates to them.  That increases the amount of open space below the speaker and increases both the fidelity and the volume.

• Hi looking to get this for my husband for his birthday. What is the best power option? USB or LEGO batteries? I’ve read the FAQ and understand the difference just not sure which is the most ideal. 

• Jay Hamilton  I went for the USB option as I can use two portable power banks to run it, but I can also connect it to the mains power and have it permanently on for display once I build the coffee display table for it. Also depends what your husband currently has ... I don’t have any of the Lego batteries but plenty of usb power banks and mains adaptors so it made sense for me :)

Like6 Follow
  • 6 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 235Replies
  • 16156Views
  • 37 Following