How to light up Yoda's Light Saber?

Is there a light you could recommend to light up the new UCS Yoda's light saber?

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I am interested in this too.  Also considering lighting up his eyes.

• Hi, thanks for your question.  Looking at the configuration, the challenge would be getting light all the way through that long pillar.  There is a long Technic axle inside-- for any lights to work, that would need to be removed.  We might be able to come up with a very cool solution that put a long strip of lights inside the 2x2 bricks, but would need to test the clearance first with some spare parts in our office.

The main question is: do you think the model would still be stable if the long Technic axle was removed?

• It appears to be vertical so bar it getting bumped you should be fine.

• Jeremiah Shue I ordered parts tonight to make a build of just the lightsaber.  Will report back soon. :-)

• Rob Klingberg   Thank you! :) 

• Amy Breznock did a quick experiment with internal lights today-  much more is possible like individual “on” segments when the saber comes on, etc.

What do you think? Is this something you’d be interested in having us make?

• Rob Klingberg  Wow!  That looks amazing! What does it hook up to for power? How large is the power bank? Also, what would the typical cost be for this lighting package? Thank you for taking the time to make this!

• Amy Breznock I'm glad you like it.  I liked it so much I just bought the Yoda set from LEGO.  :-) Once I get it built I'll let you know on battery pack, price, etc.  I have some other ideas for this set that I'd like to try out once I have it built.  Stay tuned!

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 82Views
  • 4 Following