43197: The Ice Castle

Hello,

I am not a fan of Frozen, but when LEGO released set number 43197 The Ice Castle, I knew right away that it is impressive. Then I saw a video review on it and with the transparency that it emits, this set screams to be lit up. Do you have any plans to release a kit or are there any ideas what to use to allow the light to shine through, and change colors like the Disney Castle 71040 already does? Thanks for any input.

Tracy

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Tracy, thanks for the note.  Yeah, we've had our eye on that set as well.  One one hand, it truly could have some amazing light-up potential.  On the other hand, would enough people be interested in a premium kit for it?  With the Disney castle, this was a no-brainer.  With a Frozen castle, I don't know.  We haven't purchased it and currently have such a huge backlog that it's not on our list to evaluate anytime soon, but if you do pick it up and have specific suggestions, please send them our way-- we're definitely open to ideas.

One possible idea, though it's decidedly low-tech: our color-changing light string with multiple modes might be a good fit, though without seeing the castle I couldn't say whether this would fit.  Thoughts?

• I actually had the same thought about the single strings, but now my mind is traveling 10 miles a minute. Is it possible to add multiple strings to each area to create more colors, like red + blue = purple? Or what about using a "fade" controller to adjust the brightness with the color-changing string?  How many strings can connect together and what's needed to do this for use with only 1 controller?

Right now I'm just in the planning stage since I too don't even own the set yet. But this is something that I will do eventually because I love how they make the Ice Sculptures at winter festivals light up and even change colors, and this is truly a set that would look great like this. So I'm gathering as much tips, advice, and figuring costs (especially now with the holiday season fast approaching) to get to a final result that I can be happy with. I'm sure it'll be after the New Year before I start working on this and any input that you have about lighting it up would be greatly appreciated.

I can understand the lack of interest for a true light kit for this specific set and definitely respect the sets and small kits that you do design, and couldn't agree more with your decision. I thank you for your ideas and any tips about what is possible with connections with the smaller kits would help out greatly, not just for this set, but for anything I might try to tackle with lighting ideas.

• Tracy Myers Absolutely, multiple strings could be added.  Or possibly even just multiple color-changing spotlights like we have in the Disney and Hogwarts kits?  I'm not sure how many potential light "points" there are in the castle.  We can do pretty much anything :-) so keep the ideas coming!

Like Follow
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 21Views
  • 2 Following