Wow, so many options here. How much do you want to invest in lighting? Any time there's a carnival-type setup with lots of round transparent plates lined up, the temptation is to make them all race like a marquee, but then cost becomes a definite factor.
We don't have the set in our shop, but looking at the assembly instructions, I can think of the following ideas:
- Fireplace: 4x flickering LEDs (we had these in our setup for the Haunted House kit a few months ago, and could easily develop something for this fireplace that would look nice and which wouldn't require an external effect controller so cost would be lower).
- Transparent plates surrounding the front door: these could definitely be setup in a marquee effect. A lighting effect controller and several daughterboard controllers would be needed (similar to what we set up for our Ferris Wheel kit).
- Flashing Pico LEDs behind the eyes of the large Joker face inside by the slide.
- Marquee effect in the two arrows on the inside of the house. This would increase cost because of the need for 2 lighting controllers, but the effect would be awesome.
- Our spotlights shining up on the JOKER sign on the front of the building (maybe with two of them connected to our lighting effect controller with burned-out bulb effect to make it look extra creepy).
- Various assorted room lighting inside (maybe different colored lights on ceilings in different rooms).
Again, since we don't have the kit ourselves, it's difficult to say definitively what would work and what wouldn't, and with a set like this, with so much lighting potential, the biggest limiting factor would probably be cost.
What do you think?Reply
I really like those ideas! I have attached a picture of the joker manor from the movie. I really like the strung lights from the tower thought that would be a cool effect. I do like the idea of lighting up the joker sign with the spotlights maybe in green? Or a marquee border around the joker sign? And the marquee effect of the door and arrows. Is there anyway the HA HA HA could light up and maybe have one of the letters have a flicker effect? I am unsure of the costs of all of these items I was hoping to keep this under $100 the exterior effects are more important to me then the interior ones.Reply
Andrew T Thanks for providing the photo-- like I said, there is a LOT going on there that could be replicated in lights. For under $100, though, you wouldn't be able to have any marquees or effect controllers. You could do some flashing Pico LEDs and the spotlights for the signs, but probably not much else, unfortunately. :-(Reply