Star Wars Docking Bay 327

Here are some pics of my finished Docking Bay 327 MOC.  The MOC is by Cyberlogic (giving credit to where it is due!) - MOC 21331 on Rebrickable.

I redesigned the floor to accommodate running the wires for the landing lights, "always-on" red floor lights and the lighting controller and receiver.  The floor has design aspects from sever MOCs I have seen.  Even with the floor design, the number of parts used for this build totals about 9,100.

The red lights at towards the top of the back wall blink.  All floor lights, wires and the lighting controller came in a kit form Brickstuff (Thank you Rob!!)  All the Blue lights are from Brickmax but are tied into the Brickstuff controller.

The last picture shows two power connectors ready to connect to the Millenium Falcon #75192 to power up the Brickstuf Light kit for the Falcon (still in process of being built).  I have a video showing all the blinking lights, but I am unable to share (I am not a YouTube user).  Anyway, that's all I have for pictures.  I apparently deleted any actual "build" pictures I had.

Many thanks to Rob for all his lighting knowledge and patience with my many questions!!

ENJOY!

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Wow, absolutely stunning!  Thank you  Roy Brewer for sharing.

• Paul
    • Paul
    • 9 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Nice!!  Awesome job.  Exactly what I need for my falcon.  
    so many places to buy MOC 21331.  Where did you get yours?

• Roy Brewer
    • Roy_Brewer
    • 9 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you!

MOC was purchased at rebrickable.com

The Bay floor is not per the MOC.  I had issues with the original design and did that on my own.

• Roy Brewer
    • Roy_Brewer
    • 6 mths ago
    • Reported - view

So now it's time to modify this build.  My adult son pointed out to me that the Docking Bay will need to move someday and it may be to big to get up the stairs out of my basement.  I would like to rebuild the DB floor utilizing Mils Plates.  I've reviewed the design that is in my head, but there is one problem.  Using the Mils Plates I can rebuild the DB into 3 sections.  The problem is needing a solution to connect the lights back up.  I need a way to connect light wires that will need to go from one section to another.  These connection need to easy to put into place.  I don't want to have wires hanging and connectivity needs to be seemless - when the section are connected the lights will be connected also.

Hey Rob, any thoughts?

• Roy Brewer yep, absolutely.  We will soon have MILS-compatible horizontal connectors that will carry the control signals from module to module. Stay tuned.

• Roy Brewer
    • Roy_Brewer
    • 5 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Rob!  I'm sure you folks are swamped but I have to ask - do you have a timeframe for the "MILS-compatible horizontal connectors that will carry the control signals from module to module" ?

Thank you!

• Roy Brewer Hey there!  Yep, we have the bare boards in stock.  I just need to make them.  Should be done mid-November.

• Roy Brewer
    • Roy_Brewer
    • 5 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Rob!  The timing will work out perfectly.

Like 1
Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 mths agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 121Views
  • 4 Following