10249 Winter Village Toy Shop Christmas Tree

Hi all,

Sorry for the long absence but for my first creation in a while, I present you the Christmas Tree from the 10249 set all lit up.  The parts I used were:

The bottom 4 levels of the tree each have 4 LEDs on them.  I attached adjacent LEDs to different 1:9 Expansion Adapters.  The top layer of the tree only has 2 LEDs and the Micro LED is used to light the star topper.

The controller cable has 3 outputs (2 flashing, 1 steady).  The steady connector is connected to the 1:2 Expansion Adapter and ultimately to the star topper.  The 2 flashing output are connected to each of the 1:9 Expansion Adapters.

Each Pico LED is routed to the tree center and down to the lower levels based on any opening I found.  On real close inspection you can see some of the wires (like from the Star topper).

The tree and baseplate will reside next to my Train Station (see the empty spot in pic #3) and will be on display at our Christmas show in December.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • That's really well done.  Very nice!

• That is awesome!  And even if not integrated into the build, just color the wires brown and call 'em roots! 

My visions of sugarplums aren't so elaborate, though I am thinking to take the Halloween kit - in flight now - for parts for the holiday build [sans sound] and augment with some of the multi-color strings... but this is WAY cooler.  😀

• Great work Jim Pirzyk -- really gets us in the holiday spirit!  FYI to others reading this thread, the effects module Jim used was something we made way back in 2013-2014 for one season.  You can get the same effect using our Single Function Lighting Effect Controller (available in our webshop).

• Thought I'd post a pic of the tree in the Christmas layout, now that I have it basically completed.  I think this is the earliest I have ever completed a layout for a show, 10 days away.

• Jim Pirzyk Wow, just WOW!  You have outdone yourself.  Looks absolutely amazing.  Are you ok if we use that last photo on our website as an example?

• Sure you may but I will see if we can get a better one at the show  (fixing the background).

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 500Views
  • 4 Following